All Qatari nationals require a visa to enter the United States. Qatari nationals require a visa to travel to the United States, both immigrant and non-immigrant.
There are only two instances where Qatari applicants are exempt from applying for a U.S. visa:
- The applicant is a resident of Qatar but holds a passport from one of the countries covered by the U.S. Visa Waiver Program.
- They are a dual citizenship holder. You are a Qatari citizen and a citizen of one of the countries covered by the U.S. Visa Waiver Program.
There are 39 countries that fall under the U.S. Visa Waiver Program. If you are a citizen of one of these countries, you can only enter the United States with the U.S. Electronic Travel Authority.
US Visa Application Qatar
To apply for a U.S. visa in Qatar, you will need to follow a few steps. Specifically, you will need to complete the following steps.
The procedure to apply for a U.S. visa in Qatar is as follows.
- Determine the type of US visa you need.
- Determine where you should submit your application.
- Fill out the correct online application form.
- Pay the visa application fee
- Make an appointment to apply for a U.S. visa.
- Obtain the necessary documents to apply for a U.S. visa
- Have a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy.
Check what type of US visa you need
There are different types of visas categorized by the purpose of your trip to the United States. If you are applying for a U.S. visa in Doha, you should first check what type of visa you need. The entire application process, including the required documentation, will depend on the type of visa you wish to obtain.
Please note that this article is intended for those applying for a non-immigrant visa to the United States. If you are interested in applying for a Qatar immigrant visa to the United States, please see our article “Immigrant Visas to the United States”.
Check where in Qatar you need to apply
If you are applying for a U.S. visa from Qatar, you must submit your application and interview at the U.S. Embassy in Qatar.
US Embassy in Qatar
- Address: 22nd February Street, Al Luqta District, Doha, Qatar
- Phone: (974) 4496-6000
- Fax: (974) 4488-4298
Complete the online application form
All U.S. visa applicants (including children) must complete the online application form. If you have a U.S. nonimmigrant visa, you must complete Form DS-160. This form asks a few questions about your identity and your travel plans to the United States. You will also need to upload a photograph of yourself taken within the last six months.
Once you fill out the form, a confirmation page will be generated with an alphanumeric barcode. You will need to print it out and bring it with you to the Embassy on the day of your interview.
Form DS-160 can be completed online.
- Consular Electronic Application Center, or.
- Use the services of a third-party agency such as TravelAssist.
Pay the US visa application fee & schedule a visa interview
Once you have completed your application, you will need to pay the US visa application fee. Qataris must pay the fee at any Qatar Commercial Bank branch.
Please note that the application fee is non-refundable. The fee can be paid in Qatari riyals or U.S. dollars.
Schedule a US visa appointment in Qatar
There are two ways to make an appointment for a U.S. visa interview in Doha
- Through a call center.
- Making an appointment online through the U.S. Department of State’s official visa service.
In both cases, you will need the receipt number found on your bank receipt.
Collect the required documents for a US visa
The U.S. Embassy in Qatar will ask you to submit a number of documents as part of your application. These documents must meet the standards set by U.S. authorities.
You will need to submit both standard and visa-specific documents to complete your application.
To apply for a U.S. visa in Qatar, you must submit the following documents:
- A confirmation page from your completed DS-160 form.
- Your valid passport. Your passport must be submitted with all other documents. Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after your intended stay in the United States. It must also have at least one blank page.
- A recent photograph taken for your U.S. visa. The photo must be taken in color, be 5 x 5 inches in size, and have been taken within the last six months. If you have already successfully uploaded a photo to your DS-160 application, you do not need to submit another photo.
- Interview appointment confirmation page (if applicable).
- Proof of payment for the application fee.
- Previous U.S. visas (if applicable).
- Physician’s letter confirming your medical condition. This letter is only required if you have a medical condition that may affect your eligibility for a visa.
U.S. Tourist Visa Invitation Letter. If you are applying for a U.S. tourist visa, you may also need this letter.
Depending on the purpose of your visit to the U.S., you may also need to submit other documents not listed above.
Once you have submitted your documents, explore your options for U.S. travel medical insurance while in Qatar and find a plan that meets your needs for the duration of your stay.
Attend the visa interview
U.S. visa applicants under the age of 80 must have a visa interview in Qatar; children under the age of 14 should be interviewed with their parents.
The US visa interview in Qatar is very important to your application. During the interview, the consular officer will make a decision whether to grant you a visa.
When you arrive at the embassy, you should present the required documents at the counter. You will receive a token and wait for your name to be called for the interview. The interview is a conversation between you and the visa officer. The interviewer will ask you questions about your purpose for coming to the United States.
To increase your chances of successfully applying for a U.S. tourist visa in Qatar, use the services of Travel Assist.
Travel Assist’s experienced agents will handle your application with care and provide you with the assistance you need when applying for a US visitor visa.
In the case of US Visa Denial
If your U.S. visa application is denied in Qatar, you can still file a new application. When you reapply, you must correct any mistakes you made or improve your situation to comply with US visa regulations.
If you reapply, you will have to pay the US visa application fee again and have an interview.